Mattel and their creative agency Bullpen Integrated Marketing hired YMC to develop a multi-channel strategy to increase awareness, affinity, and trial of the Apples to Apples game.
The program focused primarily on female college students, who are the driving force behind family gameplay.
YMC built an integrated campaign utilizing student brand ambassadors, college rec centers, and an interactive digital sweepstakes through the following strategy:
- Mattel Student Brand Ambassadors were recruited, hired, and trained based on their love for games and passion for creating social moments around them
- SBAs executed a series of micro-tactics and large-scale events, including study breaks, student org group visits, surprise & delight moments, and gameplay parties
- YMC built Apples to Apples game lounges in key high-traffic areas of collegiate rec centers, allowing students to take a break from their day and play Apples to Apples
- YMC and Bullpen created an online sweepstakes that incorporated digital gameplay and scholarship prizing
- 5% increase in students at our program schools that would definitely recommend playing Apples to Apples
- 14% increase in students at our program schools who reported that they regularly play Apples to Apples
- 11% increase in students at our program schools who reported that they enjoy playing Apples to Apples
- 1,041,512 total program impressions across 12 weeks
- 10,035 sweepstakes registrants across 8 weeks