After 80+ years in the fashion industry, maurices partnered with YMC to reestablish brand awareness, drive new consumer preference, and increase sales both in-store and online focused around an experiential and peer-to-peer college campus marketing strategy.
YMC built a fashion-, lifestyle-, and social media-focused brand ambassador campaign on college campuses within close proximity to maurices stores, leveraging event executions and social media content to generate purchase consideration and demand for maurices among 18 – 24-year-old females.
- YMC worked with campus brand ambassadors to execute product focused events including, fall boot hunts, on trend fashion shows, and cozy girls nights in
- Student ambassadors showcased maurices as the go-to brand for girls of every size when looking for a place to shop close to campus, no matter the occasion
- Student ambassadors worked with local retail managers to promote in-store events and drive students to store through discounts and promotions
- On social media, campus brand ambassadors posted relevant, creative, and unique fashion-oriented content to drive brand awareness and engagement
- YMC gathered feedback from student ambassadors on students’ brand perception and maurices popularity, shopping habits, and quality of the local store and store location
- Brand perception changed significantly; students were consistently pleasantly surprised and very receptive to the brand after seeing product and attending events
- Real time feedback was received on each local store location including, atmosphere of store, store location, merchandise opinions, and quality of store employees, providing maurices with a consistent line of crucial store information
- Brand ambassadors reached over 3,600 students directly and indirectly through on-campus activations and had over 350,000 impressions on social media