ROCKSTAR Energy Drink, distributed by Coca Cola with significant West Coast market penetration, wanted to increase brand awareness & market share through an increased presence across multiple Spring Break destinations both domestically and internationally.
YMC designed an integrated multi-destination marketing campaign incorporating touchpoints before, during, and after Spring Break. The campaign was activated across destinations including Cancun, Cabo, Acapulco, Panama City Beach, Lake Havasu, and South Padre Island.
The ROCKSTAR Spring Break campaign was themed “Party Like a ROCKSTAR” and featured:
- Bar and nightclub takeovers at the largest, most popular venues across all destinations with product sampling and sales, product displays, branded bar equipment and supplies, branded VIP area with custom furniture and drink coolers, stage contests, shout-outs, and premium item distribution, branded DJ booths, and hot tub parties
- ROCKSTAR bars were set-up in high traffic areas of the hotel/resort properties including lobbies, poolside, and beach bars, complete with sampling, promotional and premium item distribution, and daily contest giveaways
- Orientation takeovers so that tens of thousands of college spring breakers interacted with and sampled ROCKSTAR as their first experience of Spring Break, including premium and promotional item giveaways
- Pre-promotion with the largest Spring Break student travel operators including StudentCity.com
- Post-event promotion tying the Spring Break campaign to our campus events
- More than 100,000 cans of ROCKSTAR energy drink were distributed at various Spring Break destinations
- Over 3MM impressions generated through website views and content posts to 130,000+ Facebook followers
- Over 15,000 photos captured and 200+ videos
- 3,000+ pieces of social media content was created