After years of success building themselves into a dominant beauty & personal care brand in the UK, Soap & Glory wanted to establish a strong presence in the US by developing a student brand launch strategy focused around brand awareness, driving product trial, and supporting major national retailers Walgreens, Target, and Ulta.
YMC assembled a team of influential, kick-ass female student ambassadors to join #SoaperSquadUSA on campuses nationwide. The “Glambassadors” executed a physical and digital marketing campaign comprised of sampling, experiential, peer-to-peer, and social media activities. The program included the following:
- Broadening U.S. college students’ awareness of the Soap & Glory brand, variety of products, and retail locations
- Deepening engagement with the Soap & Glory brand through on-campus tactics, peer-to-peer outreach, social content creation, and word-of-mouth
- Positioning Soap & Glory as a brand that encourages women to feel, look, and act with kick-ass femininity, and gives them the best bang for their beauty budget
- Driving students to sample product, increase traffic to in-store partner retailers, and purchase product in-store and online
- The program generated nearly 2K pieces of social content and 1.5MM impressions on social media
- During on-campus tactics, 13K product samples were distributed and there were over 25K student interactions
- Soap & Glory leveraged 23 pieces of content created through the program on their official Instagram account
- Three Glambassadors were selected to be featured on Soap & Glory’s “Behind the Shower Curtain” blog: Tessa T., Kathleen C., & Abby H.
- The presence of Glambassadors was so impactful that they became celebrities on campus, with students identifying them enthusiastically outside of tactics as “the Soap & Glory girls” and inquiring about the process for becoming a Glambassador themselves