STA Travel needed to shift its student-focused travel business away from brick and mortar travel agent locations to organically generated interest in booking trips online.
After closing their physical stores on college campuses around the country, STA Travel tasked YMC to drive sales of STA Travel experiences and tourism partner assets through peer-education and engaging on-campus events.
- STA Travel Ambassadors hosted a scavenger hunt with clues written to 1) educate participants with STA Travel facts and trivia about destinations offered, and 2) highlight STA Travel’s 35th Anniversary promotions
- The grand prize winner was awarded a trip for two to Peru courtesy of airline partner, LATAM
- Ambassadors surprised students on campus with a New Zealand-themed study break where they distributed “world famous” snacks indigenous to New Zealand and promoted the adventure capital of the world for STA Travel partner, Tourism New Zealand
- To promote STA Travel’s spring break packages, ambassadors hosted a Trips and Salsa happy hour where students learned about the special deals and promotions available for travel to Spring Break in Mexico
- Generated 700K+ social media impressions during the fall 2014 + spring 2015 semesters
- School-specific URLs tracked increased web traffic and intent to purchase in STA Travel and partner properties